We’re thrilled to co-host Mashable’s third annual Social Media Day! Launched in 2010 as a way to recognize the digital revolution happening right before our eyes, we invite you to join fellow social media enthusiasts by attending Social Media Day San Diego at Marina Kitchen. With their recent $10.6 million remodel, great food, and even better drinks, this will be a great event. We hope to see you there.
Social Media Day San Diego #smdaysd
Where: Marina Kitchen in the Marriott Marquis and Marina on Harbor Drive
When: Saturday, June 30th, 5-9pm
Afterparty: At Altitude Sky Lounge, 9:30pm, at the Marriott Gaslamp. Wristbands for VIP no-line entry and happy hour pricing all night for the 1st 100 attendees are in the swag bags being handed out at the event. Follow @FandomMarketing on Twitter for afterparty promotion details once at Altitude.
RSVP to add to the official count and get notifications and updates: http://www.meetup.com/Mashable/San-Diego-CA/692232
We are happy to announce that for 2012, Mayor Jerry Sanders has officially proclaimed June 30th Social Media Day San Diego!
Not only is Social Media Day San Diego going to be the ultimate social media networking event, it will also feature tons of great activities…
- A photo opp as you enter with the Social Media Day San Diego backdrop
- Delicious food samples from Marina Kitchen
- An opportunity to see Marina Kitchen’s Ice Sphere in action for the perfect cocktail
- Wine tastings from Banshee Wines, Margerum Wine Company, and Cultivar
- Get a little goofy and capture the moment with The Fotobox photobooth
- Grab a complimentary hand massage for all that tweeting you do from Bellus Academy
- Take a break in the Popchips snack zone. The bean bags are pretty comfortable!
- Win some minutes with car2go with their spin wheel
- Mix & mingle with famed Social Media author/speaker Mari Smith
- Plus, much more!
Be sure to get there early to get one of our limited edition SDSU College of Extended Studies Gift Bags! Featuring…
- Free admission to Legoland
- A full course package to Dream Job University to master LinkedIn – a $119 value!
- A free copy of the latest issue of San Diego Magazine. Plus, in honor of Social Media Day San Diego, subscribe today for only $1 an issue. Use code: SDM01
- Free Fish Tacos thanks to Rubio’s
- Luggage tags with travel sewing kits from Gogobot
- 51% off coupons to the Social Buzz Club
- Swag from Stone Brewery, Taphunter and Hera Hub
- Plus, much more!
Contests and Special Promotions Taking Place at Social Media Day San Diego…
- Arrive in style thanks to Uber! Anyone that uses this hot new service to go to/from Social Media Day San Diego can get $20 off. Promo code: smdsd
- If you support the San Diego BBB at Social Media Day, you could win an iPad! Simply take a photo at their “Trust Station” and tag yourself to enter to win
- If you miss out on one of SDSU’s Gift Bags, Stone Brewing Co. will be giving away 5 bonus bags that will include autographed copies of their book, The Craft of Stone Brewing Co.: Liquid Lore, Epic Recipes, and Unabashed Arrogance. The books are signed by Randy Clemens and Stone Brewing Co. CEO, Greg Koch. Plus, a copy of The Sriracha Cookbook by Randy Clemens may find it’s way in this bonus bag too!
- San Diego State University’s College of Extended Studies is giving away free tuition to a Digital and Social Media course
- Win a car2go gift bag featuring a free car2go membership + 60 minutes of free driving time + some car2go swag!
- 125 lucky people will be able to celebrate Social Media Day late night at ALTITUDE Sky Lounge with a exclusive wristband that gets you front of the line access to ALTITUDE Sky Lounge that night and happy hour pricing all night long. By the way, if you “Like” them on Facebook you can also get 50% off your first round next time you visit!
- La Jolla Playhouse is giving away a pair of tickets to their latest play
- A 2 night stay for 2 people in Palm Springs thanks to Brand North
- ResorTime.com is hooking up some lucky people with some free 3 Day/2 Night stays in Las Vegas, Scottsdale, and Lake Tahoe.
- Hera Hub will be providing free passes for all you female entrepreneurs
- Win a $50 gift certificate to SanDiegoRestaurants.com from Gogobot
- Zen Media is giving one lucky person a free media training consultation
- Del Mar Interactive is hooking up one winner with a free website/social media consultation – a $500 value!
- Launched in 2010 by Mashable as a way to recognize the digital revolution happening right before our eyes
- In 2010, there were 600 meetups in 90 countries
- In 2011, there were 1,400 meetups with thousands of attendees
- Many cities and a few states have declared June 30th Social Media Day, including New York City and the state of Arizona